Ag Innovation Showcase opens for its eighth year with a bang in social impact, women-led companies, gene editing and the farmers’ perspective on agtech.
The eighth annual Ag Innovation Showcase, where agtech’s biggest names, brightest innovators and most influential investors intersect.
September 12-14, 2016
• Opens Monday, September 12, 1:00-5:00 p.m. (with opening reception at World’s Fair Pavilion from 5:30-7:30 p.m.)
• Tuesday, September 13, 7:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. (with tours and networking reception at the Danforth Center from 4:45 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
• Wednesday, September 14, 7:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. (with networking lunch, awards presentation and closing remarks to follow at 1:15 to 2:30 p.m.)
Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, 975 N. Warson Rd., St. Louis, MO.
• Closing keynote, Vipula Shukla, from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to discuss translating science and technology into developing world agriculture
• 20 presenting companies with technologies in (or for): precision ag and automation, ag inputs and diagnostics, alternative food systems, developing economies solutions
• Six women-led presenting companies
• Four California presenting companies
• 10 international presenting companies
• 10 University early innovations presenting – new to Ag Showcase!
• Panel discussions on gene editing and food waste
• Sponsor-led special content sessions: Design Lab – Kauffman Foundation, From Laboratory to Farm: transforming a biological company from R&D to commercialization – Bryan Cave, University Showcase – Kauffman Foundation, University of Missouri, Ohio State University, Danforth Plant Science Center, Kansas State University, Purdue University, UC Davis, Israel-St. Louis, connecting two leading ag innovation ecosystems – BioSTL and Missouri Technology Corporation
Each panel concludes with an open Q&A session
• Access to interviews with all presenting panelists, who represent national and international leaders in ag-tech
• Photo/video access of development-stage technologies
• Opportunity to report on trends in innovation before they hit the commercial market
About the Event
Established in 2009 by partners and co-founders, Larta Institute, Donald Danforth Plant Science Center and BRDG Park, the Ag Innovation Showcase is the world’s premier event focusing on the convergence of agriculture and technology. It brings together those with a significant stake in agriculture and agricultural technology – innovators, researchers, government agencies, corporations, investors and others – to promote investment in cutting-edge technology and biotechnology to meet the world’s growing food supply needs. Follow the event on Twitter: @Agshowcase.
Larta Institute – Founded in Los Angeles in 1993, Larta Institute is an internationally-recognized technology accelerator that has helped more than 10,000 companies transform ideas into commercialized, socially-beneficial innovations in science and technology, particularly in agriculture and the life sciences. With a global network of entrepreneurs, mentors, investors, industry leaders, research institutions, government agencies and support organizations, Larta conducts commercialization assistance programs throughout the U.S. and in more than 20 countries. Follow us on Twitter @LartaInstitute.
Founded in 1998, the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center is a not-for-profit research institute with a mission to improve the human condition through plant science. Research, education and outreach aim to have impact at the nexus of food security and the environment, and position the St. Louis region as a world center for plant science. The Center’s work is funded through competitive grants from many sources, including the National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Energy, National Science Foundation, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. To keep up to date with Danforth Center’s current operations and areas of research, please visit, http://www.danforthcenter.org/, featuring information on Center scientists, news, and the “Roots & Shoots” blog. Follow us on Twitter at @DanforthCenter.
Bio Research & Development Growth (BRDG) Park at the Danforth Plant Science Center helps life science companies bridge research, resources and relationships to achieve commercial success. In addition to providing world-class wet laboratories, office space and a prominent incubator, BRDG Park’s location on the Danforth Center’s campus facilitates access to the intellectual capital of top scientists, as well as to greenhouses, growth chambers, microscopy and proteomics facilities and other vital resources. Located in suburban St. Louis County, Mo., BRDG Park is being developed by Wexford Science+Technology LLC, a development company led by a seasoned team of real estate, finance and engineering experts specializing in major university facilities and science research parks nationwide. Follow us on Twitter at @BRDGPark.